Friday, April 8, 2011

How to use a hovercraft 1

I am going to start a series of postings that suggest practical applications and uses for hovers. I have always believed there are many applications for hovercrafts that have never been explored. A couple of things usually occur that seem to stifle the exploration of these uses. One someone who is inexperienced tries to do something that is total beyond their ability and they mess it up or two they use the wrong type of hover for the purpose at hand. I own TLS WindSled Inc a Hovertechnics distributorship based out of Belvidere Illinois USA we sell hovers and parts. Just a little advertisement you can visit us at www.hovercraftusa.org selling hovers is what we do so if we can find more ways to use them we can sell more hovers. I don’t want this to be boring, which I really don’t see how you can have a boring day doing something in a hovercraft, so I will share this in the form of things we have done and I hope those of you who read this will enjoy the little quirky things that always seem to happen when you hover. Perhaps some of you with hovers can use these ideas to create an income with your hover. I would ask you to first do your homework and second know what your hover can do and what it can't do and stay within the perimeters of what it can do. With that said here we go.

Grass drying have hovercraft will travel

I’m always looking for ways to better utilize hovercrafts so when someone ask me, “can you do this?” my response is usually, “I don’t know but I can try” I figure that way if it doesn’t work out they don’t think I’m a fool, because I told them I didn’t know, and if it does work out I am a hero.  We have a sod farm a couple miles from the house, my son Paul used to work for the man who owns it. Tim, at one time, had approximately 2500-3500 acres of flat to rolling hill sod connected through a central shop office area. Once you got on his property you could spend an entire day flying around the short cut grass of his property. I always wanted to get out there and fly my hovers but how do you ask a man to allow you to do something that he thinks would ruin his multi million-dollar operation. One summer a couple of years ago we had a huge rain fall overnight producing 5-7 inches of rain. Needless to say it left a lot of water standing on the fields. Paul was talking to Tim, the owner of Cooling and Sons sod farm, and they were talking about the devastating effects of the rain and standing water on Tim’s sod. Standing water cost thousands of dollars in lost sod due to rotting. Sod like most other crops does not do well when submerged for any length of time so Tim was faced with a dilemma how do you dry this out in a short period of time. Paul suggested he allow us to attempt to dry it out with our hovercraft. To my surprise Tim agreed and so we hooked up the hovers and headed for Cooling and Sons Sod Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment